A Hawaii bill of sale form acts as the sales receipt for personal property that was sold from a seller to a buyer in a private transaction. The completed document acts as evidence that the item was paid for in full and transferred to the buyer. By implementing a signed bill of sale in their private transactions, sellers ensure that the buyer cannot attempt to return the item or obtain reimbursement.
Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale – Used to document the sale of a vehicle and exchange of ownership between parties.
Firearm Bill of Sale – Records the private sale of a firearm.
Boat Bill of Sale – This bill of sale documents the purchase and sale of a boat from a seller to a buyer. It can be used to register or transfer registration of a boat.
Generic Bill of Sale – A sales receipt that individuals can use when selling used items at a garage sale or through online and print advertisements.
- Department of Transportation – A list of state departments that handle vehicle registration.
- Application for Registration of Motor Vehicle – Used to apply for new registration after the purchase of a vehicle.
- Hawaii Police Department – The state issuer of firearm permits and licenses. All firearms must be registered with the police department after purchase.
- Application for a License to Carry an Open/Concealed Firearm – The license to carry application form for Honolulu.
- Department of Boating and Ocean Recreation (DOBOR) – The state department responsible for registering vessels.
- Notice of Transfer – The seller of a vessel must complete and file this form within seven (7) days of the sale.
- Fee Schedule – The list of current boat registration fees.