A Kansas bill of sale form is a proof of purchase document completed and signed by the seller and buyer of personal property in a private transaction. When selling vehicles, firearms, and valuables, keeping a record of the parties involved, the date of the sale, and a description of the item will aid in establishing the item’s ownership and averting liability. Bills of sale for used boats must include the names, addresses, and signatures of the buyer and seller, as well as the hull ID number, boat registration number, transaction date, and purchase price of the boat, because these will be required when the buyer registers the boat in their name.
Firearm Bill of Sale – A document that shows the transfer of a firearm from a seller to a buyer.
Boat Bill of Sale – Completed upon the sale of a boat to provide evidence of the transfer of ownership.
Generic Bill of Sale – A general bill of sale that can be used to record the transfer of ownership of personal property from an individual or business to the buyer.
- Kansas Department of Revenue – Division of Vehicles – The division responsible for registering and titling vehicles.
- Form TR-212a – The application form for motor vehicle titling and registration.
- County Treasurer’s Office locations – Applications must be submitted to the applicant’s county treasurer.
- Fee Schedule – A list of fees associated with registering and titling a vehicle.
- Certified Trainer Directory – A list of instructors that can provide the training certificate required for a Concealed Carry License (CCL).
- Kansas Application for Concealed Carry Handgun License – Must be completed and submitted to the applicant’s county sheriff’s office to apply for a CCL.
- County Sheriff’s Office Locations – A list of the locations of sheriff’s offices by county.
- Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks, and Tourism – The government department that registers boats.
- Application for Certificate of Number Kansas Boating Act Form – Must be completed and submitted to apply for boat registration.
- State Park/Administrative Office/Boat Registration Agent – Locations where boat registration applications can be submitted.