A Maryland bill of sale form is a document that relays the details of an item’s sale and transfer between two parties. The completed form will include the purchase price, transaction date, and a description of the article being sold. The buyer and the seller will also need to provide their names, addresses, contact information, and signatures for authentication. When purchasing a used vehicle or boat, buyers will need to obtain a signed bill of sale because it will be required when they apply for titling and registration. If the vehicle or boat doesn’t have a certificate of title at the time of purchase, or the certificate is incomplete, the bill of sale must be notarized.
Firearm Bill of Sale – This form enables the buyer and seller of a firearm to obtain a record of the transaction.
Boat Bill of Sale – A document that is completed by the seller of a boat to confirm the sale and provide proof of the transfer of ownership.
Generic Bill of Sale – A bill of sale form that can be filled out to record the sale of personal property.
- Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) locations – The MVA is responsible for titling and registering motor vehicles.
- Inspection Station Locations – Used vehicles must be inspected if they do not already have an inspection certificate.
- Form VR-005 – The application form for a motor vehicle certificate of title.
- Maryland’s Insurance Requirements – Vehicle owners are required to have adequate vehicle insurance.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement – Records a vehicle’s odometer reading.
- Fee Schedule – A list of current MVA fees.
- Handgun Qualification License (HQL) – Must be obtained before purchasing a handgun.
- ATF 4473 Firearm Transaction Record (FTR) – A document that must be completed for all firearm sales.
- Qualified Handgun Instructor finder – Used to locate certified handgun instructors.
- Online Licensing Portal – Can be used to apply for and renew firearms licenses online.
- Livescan Fingerprint – Proof of fingerprinting is required to apply for a concealed carry license.
- Department of Natural Resources (DNR) – Boat registration is completed through the DNR.
- Boat Registration Information and Fees – A DNR online resource of boat registration information, fee schedule, and forms.
- DNR Form B-240 – The application form for boat registration and titling.
- Licensing and Registration Service Center locations – A directory of service centers where boat registration can be completed.