A New Mexico bill of sale is designed to record a private sale of personal property between two (2) parties: a buyer and a seller. A generic bill of sale covers all types of personal property, while the bills of sale for motor vehicles, boats, and firearms are used only for those specific items. Each bill of sale contains blank fields for the parties to enter their names and contact information, define the property being sold, list the sale price, and inscribe their signatures. For cars and boats specifically, a bill of sale is almost always required, as the new owner will use the document to register and title the vehicle/vessel in their name. For firearms and other property, it can be beneficial to complete a bill of sale if the items are expensive or the buyer will later need to prove ownership.
Firearm Bill of Sale – A proof of purchase used when an individual buys a firearm from an unlicensed seller.
Boat Bill of Sale – A form that documents the sale of a water vessel between a buyer and a private seller.
Generic Bill of Sale – A bill of sale that can be used to document the purchase of clothing, furniture, electronics, or any other type of personal property.
- Motor Vehicle Division Locations – A map of all MVD locations in the state where a vehicle owner can register and title their vehicle.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement – If the odometer reading of the vehicle being sold is not included on a bill of sale or certificate of title, this disclosure statement must be completed and submitted with the registration/titling application form.
- Application for Vehicle Title and Registration Form – A document used to apply for a vehicle title and to register the vehicle.
- Registration Fees – A list of fees associated with registering a vehicle in the state.
- Sheriff’s Office Locations – A map of all sheriff’s offices in New Mexico where handgun permit applicants can get fingerprinted for their application background check.
- Concealed Handgun Carry Application – A thorough application form with instructions and handgun laws for individuals looking to obtain a concealed handgun permit.
- Firearms Qualification Packet – This guide contains basic firearms safety rules and the qualifications for obtaining a firearms certification.
- Authorization for Release of Information – Applicants must complete this document to authorize the Department of Public Safety to perform a background check.
- Department of Public Safety – Contact information for the DPS where applicants must make an appointment to submit their permit application.
- Online Registration and Titling – Applicants can complete their boat titling and registration through this online portal.
- Application for Vessel Title and Registration Form – A document used to apply for a vessel title and to register the vessel.
- Motor Vehicle Division Locations – A map of all MVD locations in the state where a boat owner can register and title their vessel.