A West Virginia bill of sale documents a transaction in which a seller transfers ownership of their personal property to a buyer. The sheet includes the sales price, transaction date, a description of the purchased item, and the personal information of the buyer and the seller. For motor vehicle transactions, the form must contain an odometer reading, the manufacturer’s details, and a notary public’s certificate of authentication. In all circumstances, the parties must inscribe their signatures to complete the document and finalize the transaction.
Firearm Bill of Sale – A document that records the transfer of a firearm (sale or trade) between a private seller and a buyer.
Boat Bill of Sale – A receipt for privately sold boats that must be signed by the seller and the buyer.
Generic Bill of Sale – This general bill of sale can be used to sell personal property of any kind.
- Registration Information – This webpage summarizes the motor vehicle registration process in West Virginia.
- Vehicle Registration Renewal – An online portal used to renew a vehicle’s registration (requires the license plate number and certificate of title number).
- Application for Certificate of Title for a Motor Vehicle – This application must be completed by individuals to title/register a newly acquired vehicle.
- Odometer Certification – Must be filed with the DMV if registering a vehicle that is ten (10) years old or newer and has a certificate of title without an odometer reading.
- Fee Brochure – The registration fees for cars, trucks, trailers, and other motor vehicles.
- Regional Offices – A list of DMV locations where drivers can file their vehicle registration documents.
- Application for Provisional Concealed Pistol/Revolver License – This application form must be completed by applicants who are eighteen (18) to twenty (20) years old.
- Application for Concealed Pistol/Revolver License – A concealed carry application for individuals aged twenty-one (21) or older.
- Sheriffs’ Offices – The office locations where concealed carry applications can be filed.
- DMV Motorboat Registration Information – Contains the documents needed to register a boat with the DMV, including a list of the applicable registration fees.
- Application for a Certificate of Title for a Motor Boat – Used to register/title a boat in the new owner’s name (must be signed by the buyer and seller).
- Regional Offices – The DMV offices where boat owners can file their registration and titling paperwork.