1. Home »
  2. Power of Attorney »
  3. Alabama »
  4. Minor Child

Alabama Minor (Child) Power of Attorney Form

An Alabama minor (child) power of attorney gives parents and court-assigned guardians a means of nominating a trusted person (the “guardian”) with temporary parental powers over their child. The form should be used if the parent will be leaving their child for a considerable length of time, be it because of military active duty, extended hospitalization, incarceration, destruction of the home, or another reasonable cause. From the moment the form becomes effective (on signing or after a certain date), the guardian will need to make sure the child’s needs are met, including access to a safe home, food, access to education, and medical attention (when necessary). An individual power of attorney form needs to be completed for each child.