Michigan Motor Vehicle Power of Attorney (Form TR-128)

Last updated October 29th, 2021

  1. Home »
  2. Power of Attorney »
  3. Michigan »
  4. Motor Vehicle

The Michigan motor vehicle power of attorney (Form TR-128) is used by the owner of a vehicle, mobile home, or watercraft to grant an agent with the power to sign on their behalf documents pertaining to purchasing, selling, and titling. This power of attorney is limited in that the agent’s powers are restricted to the motor vehicle described in the form. The owner will need to identify the vehicle, mobile home, or watercraft by providing the VIN/HIN, the make, and the year it was manufactured. Upon singing Form TR-28, the owner must provide the agent with a photocopy of their driver’s license or state ID.

Signing Requirements – Vehicle Owner