A Maine bill of sale is a form that is completed by the buyer and seller to record the sale and transfer of personal property. The document will need to include the date of purchase, the amount paid, and a description of the item being sold. It is also required for the buyer and the seller to provide their contact information and signatures. In Maine, an individual selling a used motor vehicle or boat must supply the buyer with a signed bill of sale document. This is because the buyer will need to present the signed document when they register the vehicle in their name. The bill of sale can also be used as evidence of the purchase price when calculating the excise tax the buyer will be required to pay on the motor vehicle or boat.
Firearm Bill of Sale – This form is used when a firearm changes hands and both parties wish to keep a record of the transaction.
Boat Bill of Sale – This form is completed when selling a boat to provide evidence of the transfer of ownership.
Generic Bill of Sale – A bill of sale that can be used to record the sale of any type of personal property between a buyer and seller.
- Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) – The government bureau that registers motor vehicles.
- Participating Municipalities – A list of local municipal offices that can register vehicles.
- BMV Office Locations – Vehicle registration can be completed at these locations.
- Fee Schedule – A list of current registration fees.
- Application for a Permit to Carry Concealed Handgun (Maine Resident Applicant) – The application form and instructions for Maine residents to apply for a concealed carry permit.
- Application for a Permit to Carry Concealed Handgun (Non-Resident Applicant) – Used by non-residents of Maine to apply for a permit to carry a concealed handgun.
- Issuing Authority: State Police – A list of municipalities where concealed carry permits are issued by the state police.
- Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife (MDIFW) – The state department that handles boat registration.
- MDIFW department directory – A list of MDIFW regional offices.
- Fee Schedule – Boat registration fees and information.
- Excise Tax – Boat owners are required to pay excise tax on their vessels.