A Minnesota bill of sale form is used to record a purchase and sale transaction between a buyer and a seller. There are bills of sale to cover a number of transactions, including the transfer of vehicles, boats, firearms, and all other personal property (general bill of sale). The purpose of a bill of sale is to convey a legal transfer of ownership between the seller and the buyer, and to act as a receipt should the parties need to record the sale for tax purposes. With regard to the transfer of ownership of boats and vehicles, the buyer may need to take further action and register or transfer the title before they are the legal owner of the vehicle/vessel.
Firearm Bill of Sale – A proof of purchase that is executed by the vendor and the purchaser of a firearm.
Boat Bill of Sale – Serves as written evidence of the purchase and sale of a vessel between private parties.
Generic Bill of Sale – A bill of sale form that establishes the transfer of ownership of personal property from a seller to a buyer.
- Driver and Vehicle Services – The main webpage of the Driver and Vehicle Services division of the Department of Public Safety (DPS).
- Office Locations – A list of office locations where a new vehicle owner can register and title their vehicle.
- Application to Title/Reg. A Vehicle – The DPS form used to title and register a vehicle.
- Fee Schedule – List of fees for transferring and titling a vehicle.
- Bureau of Criminal Apprehension – The division of the DPS that handles permits for handguns in the state.
- Application for Permit to Carry a Pistol – Application form used by residents to obtain a permit to carry a firearm.
- Sheriff’s Office Locations – Permit applications must be submitted to the sheriff’s office in the county in which the applicant resides.
- Firearms Training – Certified instructors for firearms training; permit applicants must receive training before a permit can be obtained.
- Department of Natural Resources – The DNR handles all boat-related matters in the state.
- Watercraft Title & Registration Application – The DNR form used to title and register a boat.
- Office Locations – A list of office locations where a new boat owner can obtain a watercraft license.
- Fee Schedule – Fees for boat registrations.