The Missouri bill of sale forms are created to help buyers and sellers document the transfer of ownership of personal property. These forms are types of receipts that include the items that were sold, the date of the transaction, the contact information of both parties, and the parties’ signatures to prove authenticity. For an extra layer of validity, the buyer and seller may wish to sign the bill of sale in the presence of a notary public or witnesses. Bills of sale aren’t always necessary when buying and seller personal property privately; however, the buyer may need a bill of sale to title or register a vehicle (car, truck, boat, etc.) after the sale.
Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale – A receipt for the purchase of a vehicle in the state.
Firearm Bill of Sale – An itemized proof of purchase for the sale of firearm(s) from an unlicensed vendor.
Boat Bill of Sale – Completed when selling a vessel to report the transfer of ownership and provide evidence of the sale.
Generic Bill of Sale – A form that documents the purchase and sale of personal property between a seller and a buyer.
- Department of Revenue License Offices – A map of all Motor Vehicle and Driver License Office locations where residents can apply for vehicle registration.
- Application for Missouri Title and License – A Department of Revenue form used to apply for a vehicle title and license.
- Notice of Sale or Transfer – A Department of Revenue form used to record the sale or transfer of a motor vehicle. This notice of sale form or a bill of sale will be required when registering a vehicle in the state.
- Concealed Carry Permit – The Missouri Sheriff’s Association (MSA) webpage containing firearm permit information.
- Sheriff’s Office – Contact information for sheriff’s offices in Missouri.
- Concealed Carry Reciprocity – A map of the states in which a Missouri concealed permit holder may carry a concealed weapon.
- Concealed Carry Permit Application – Residents who wish to obtain a concealed carry permit must apply using this application form.
- Department of Revenue License Offices – A map of all Motor Vehicle and Driver License Office locations to register a boat in Missouri.
- Title Assignment – After a vehicle is sold privately, the seller must assign the title to the buyer. This webpage contains the information needed to complete a title assignment.
- Application for Boat/Vessel Title and Registration – This document must be used when applying for a title and registration of a boat.
- Titling/Registration Fees – A fee schedule for titling, registration, and other processing fees.