The New Jersey bill of sale forms provides buyers and sellers a means of documenting a transaction in which an item is sold in exchange for payment or another item of similar value. In many private transactions, a bill of sale won’t be required. But when the buyer needs it to prove ownership, i.e., to register a boat or car in their name, they will often require a bill of sale. In some cases, the parties may want to sign the form in the presence of a notary public to further authenticate the transaction.
Firearm Bill of Sale – Records the sale of a handgun or long gun by an unlicensed seller to a private buyer.
Boat Bill of Sale – Provides proof of new ownership of a boat purchased in New Jersey.
Generic Bill of Sale – This bill of sale may be used in all transaction types to report an exchange of ownership of personal property.
- Application for Vehicle Registration – A document used to register a vehicle in New Jersey.
- Motor Vehicle Commission Office – A map of all motor vehicle licensing locations in the state, where registrants must apply for vehicle registration.
- Fee Schedule – A list of fees for vehicle registration and titling.
- Application for Permit to Carry a Handgun – To carry a concealed handgun in the state, residents must complete this permit application form.
- Consent for Mental Health Records Search – Permit applicants must be of sound mind to obtain a permit; therefore, this health records consent form must be completed and submitted with the above application form.
- Police Department Locations – Applications are handled by the police department in the municipality in which the applicant lives; this link contains a list of all police departments in the state.
- Universal Title Application – This form must be completed in order to title a boat in the state.
- Application for Boat Registration – This form is used to register a new or used boat.
- Motor Vehicle Commission Office – A map of all motor vehicle licensing locations in the state, where registrants must apply for boat registration.
- Fee Schedule – A list of fees for boat registration and titling.