A New York bill of sale form is executed by a seller and a buyer after they have settled the details of a private sale involving personal property. Bills of sale benefit the parties by proving ownership transferred from the seller to the buyer and by waiving the seller’s liability with regard to the property’s condition. To complete this form properly, both parties must write their name, contact information, and signature, and the seller can record a description of the property and sale price. The signatures of the parties may be observed by witnesses or a notary public for an additional degree of validity.
Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale – A bill of sale for residents to use as a receipt when selling a vehicle in a private transaction.
Firearm Bill of Sale – A proof of purchase for the private sale of a gun executed by the buyer and the seller.
Boat Bill of Sale – Used as proof of ownership following the purchase of a boat from a private seller.
Generic Bill of Sale – This document may be used to record the purchase and sale of any type of personal property.
- Department of Motor Vehicles – A DMV webpage that provides vehicle registration information and allows residents to apply for registration online.
- DMV Document Guide – Additional information and document requirements for registering a vehicle with the DMV.
- Vehicle Registration/Title Application – The application form used to register and title a vehicle.
- DMV Locations – This page can be used to find a DMV location to register a vehicle.
- Registration Fees – Registration fees can be calculated using this DMV portal.
- Pistol/Revolver License Application – Used to apply for a handgun license in the State of New York.
- New York State Police Locations – Locations of police departments within the state where applicants can apply for a handgun license.
- Sheriff’s Offices – A list of all sheriff’s offices by county in the state where applicants can apply for a handgun license.
- New York Police Department – Handgun license applicants in NYC must submit their applications to the NYPD.
- NYC Handgun License Application – Handgun license application form for NYC residents only.
- DMV Locations – This page can be used to find a DMV location to title and register a boat.
- Boat Registration/Title Application – The application form used to register and title a boat.
- Statement of Transaction – If sales tax was not charged to the buyer at the time of the sale, they must complete this form and submit it with their boat registration application.