A Wisconsin bill of sale is used to prove that a buyer transferred payment to a seller in order to acquire ownership of their personal property. Like a retail receipt, a bill of sale specifies the purchase price and the date when the transaction occurred. The form also includes a complete property description and the parties’ signatures required to authenticate the document. A properly executed bill of sale is of equal importance to the buyer and seller in the event of disputes, and it is often one of the forms required when registering and titling a motor vehicle or boat.
Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale – A receipt documenting the sale and purchase of a motor vehicle in a transaction between a buyer and a private seller.
Firearm Bill of Sale – A written record of a transaction involving a firearm transfer (sale or trade) between a private seller and a buyer.
Boat Bill of Sale – A detailed receipt for the private purchase and sale of a vessel.
Generic Bill of Sale – Any type of personal property can be sold and the sale recorded through this general bill of sale.
- Registration Information – Contains valuable information about vehicle registration in Wisconsin.
- eMV Public System Portal – Used to title and register a motor vehicle online.
- Application Form MV1 – A title/registration application that can be filed in-person at a DMV office.
- DMV Title/Registration Service Agents – The locations where individuals can file their title and registration applications.
- Registration Fees – The annual fees that owners must pay to maintain and operate a vehicle in the State.
- Title Fees – The fees to replace, transfer, or obtain an original motor vehicle title.
- Concealed Carry Weapon Application – An online form that individuals can use to apply for a concealed carry license.
- Paper Forms – These paper forms must be completed by individuals when applying for a concealed carry license by mail or in-person.
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources – An online portal through which boat owners can register and title a vessel (user account required).
- Boat Registration and Titling Application – The paper application for boat registration and titling (must be filed in-person or mailed to a DNR service center).
- Associated Fees and Taxes – The current fees for boat registration and titling.