Kansas Quit Claim Deed Form

Last updated July 13th, 2022

  1. Home »
  2. Deeds »
  3. Kansas »
  4. Quit Claim

A Kansas quit claim deed conveys property from a grantor to a grantee without any warranty regarding the title quality. When a property is sold, the buyer (grantee) is often given some assurance that the property title has no claims on it from its current or previous owners; this isn’t the case with a quit claim deed. For this reason, this particular transfer instrument is commonly used to add or remove a spouse from a title following a marriage or divorce, or to transfer real estate to a family member as a gift or in conjunction with the distribution of an estate.

The deed will need to be recorded by the register of deeds in the property’s jurisdiction to complete the property transfer. Unless the conveyance is exempt, a Sales Validation Questionnaire (SVQ) may also be required.