1. Home »
  2. Mechanic's Lien »
  3. Oklahoma

Oklahoma Mechanic’s Lien Form

Fill Now Click to fill, edit and sign this form now!

An Oklahoma mechanic’s lien is used by an independent contractor (the “claimant”) to demand payment for unpaid work or supplies from a property owner. By filing a mechanic’s lien with the local county clerk’s office, the claimant claims interest in the owner’s property for the amount that they are owed. The clerk will serve notice of the lien on the property owner within (5) days of the filing date (§ 143.1).

If the claim is for an amount of less than ten thousand dollars ($10,000) and is related to residential property with four (4) or fewer family dwellings that are not occupied by the owner, no preliminary notice is required. However, if the claim doesn’t meet these requirements, preliminary notice must be given to the owner before a mechanic’s lien can be filed.

When required, preliminary notice must be delivered within seventy-five (75) days after the work or supplies were provided. Once the notice has been served, the claimant will be required to provide the county clerk with a verified affidavit of service (§ 142.6(B)).