Common Uses (5)
- Weddings and receptions
- Corporate events (holiday parties, conferences, etc.)
- Family occasions (birthdays, family reunions, etc.)
- Music concerts
Essential Clauses (6)
1. Event Information
The agreement should include certain details regarding the event and if there are specific rules the venue needs to relay to the renter, including:
- The date and time of the event.
- How long will the venue be rented for.
- If there is a maximum guest capacity.
2. Rental Fees ($)
The venue rental contract will state how much the landlord will charge the renter for using the facilities. The document should also detail whether the fee is charged as a flat rate or hourly.In most cases, the venue will require a deposit from the renting party to secure the requested date and rental period. The document will state whether the entire balance will need to be paid before the event, while others will expect payment after the event in case of additional charges.
In some cases, the landlord may want to charge an additional damage deposit, which will often be returned after the event.
The document should state whether the venue will have insurance policies covering the renter or if the renter needs to acquire a special event liability or one-day event insurance policy. All insurance requirements should be clearly set forth in the agreement to avoid any confusion.Some states require additional liquor liability coverage if alcohol will be served.
4. Cancellation and Change Policy
5. Venue Services
A rental agreement will also include what services the venue will provide. For instance, depending on the event, the agreement should relay who will provide the following:
- Event security
- Chairs, tables, or other furniture
- Bar staff
- Various vendors
6. Setup and Cleaning
VENUE RENTAL AGREEMENT
1. THE PARTIES. This Venue Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) made on [MM/DD/YYYY] (the “Effective Date”) is by and between:
Landlord: [LANDLORD NAME], with a mailing address of [LANDLORD ADDRESS] (the “Landlord”), and
Renter: [RENTER NAME], with a mailing address of [RENTER ADDRESS] (the “Renter”)
2. VENUE INFORMATION. The Renter agrees to rent the Landlord’s venue located at:
Property Name: [PROPERTY NAME] Property Address: [PROPERTY ADDRESS]
3. RENTAL PERIOD. The Renter will have access to the venue:
Start Date: [MM/DD/YYYY] End Date: [MM/DD/YYYY]
Start Time: [HH:MM] ☐ AM ☐ PM End Time: [HH:MM] ☐ AM ☐ PM
4. RENTAL RATE. To rent the venue, the Renter agrees to pay the Landlord: [RATE].
5. DEPOSIT. The Renter is: (check one)
☐ – REQUIRED to pay a deposit in the amount of $[RATE] to the Landlord, due at the time of signing this contract.
☐ – NOT REQUIRED to pay a deposit to reserve the venue.
6. PAYMENT METHOD. The Renter will be required to pay the rental rate: (check one)
☐ – When Invoiced. The Renter has [#] days to pay upon receipt.
☐ – By Specific Date. [MM/DD/YYYY].
☐ – Other: [OTHER METHOD].
7. CANCELLATION. The Renter may cancel this Agreement at any time up to [#] days prior to the Rental Period by providing written notice to the Landlord. If the Renter elects to cancel this Agreement [#] days prior to the Rental Period, the Renter will be charged [%] of the rental rate and any expenses incurred in good faith by the Landlord in preparation for the Renter’s use of the venue. For cancellations [#] days prior to the Rental Period, the Renter will be charged 100% of the rental costs and any expenses incurred by the Landlord.
8. AMENITIES. In addition to the venue, the Landlord will provide the following amenities: [LIST AMENITIES]
The amenities shall be: (check one) ☐ – Included in the Rental Rate ☐ – Charged Separately.
9. INSURANCE. The Renter is: (check one)
☐ – Required to Obtain Insurance. The Renter is required to obtain, at their own expense, a Comprehensive General Liability Insurance Policy of not less than $[COVERAGE AMOUNT] coverage for bodily injury, property damage, and contractual liability in the aggregate.
☐ – Not Required to Obtain Insurance.
10. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of [STATE NAME].
11. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. [ADD ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS HERE]
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties to its subject matter and supersedes all prior agreements, representations, and understandings of the Parties. No supplement, modification, or amendment of this Agreement shall be binding unless executed in writing by the Parties.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have signed and duly executed this Agreement on the dates identified below.
Renter’s Signature: _________________________ Date: [MM/DD/YYYY]
Print Name: [RENTER PRINTED NAME]
Landlord’s Signature: _________________________ Date: [MM/DD/YYYY]
Print Name: [LANDLORD PRINTED NAME]