A South Carolina 24-hour notice to enter informs a tenant that their landlord will be entering the rental property. The landlord will complete and deliver the notice to the tenant to communicate when they need to access the property and for what reason. Common justifications for entering a rental property include repairs, renovations, inspections, or showing the unit to prospective renters and buyers.
State law requires landlords to give their tenants at least 24 hours’ notice prior to entering a rental unit for most purposes.
No notice is required in the following circumstances:
- Providing regularly scheduled services between 9 AM and 6 PM
- Providing requested services between 8 PM and 6 PM
- Ejecting tenant while accompanied by a law enforcement officer
- Making repairs due to tenant’s non-compliance
- Tenant has abandoned or surrendered the property