An Airbnb lease addendum is used by a landlord to allow a tenant to list their rental property on Airbnb. The addendum is added to the original lease to set the terms for things like additional security deposits, liability insurance, and the sharing of revenue. It ensures both parties are on the same page before any rentals take place, preventing disagreements and complications.
AIRBNB LEASE ADDENDUM
1. THE PARTIES. This Airbnb Lease Addendum (“Addendum”), made effective as of [MM/DD/YYYY], is by and between:
Landlord: [LANDLORD’S NAME] (“Landlord”) and
Tenant: [TENANT’S NAME] (“Tenant”).
The Landlord and Tenant are each referred to herein as a “Party” and, collectively, as the “Parties.”
2. ORIGINAL LEASE. This Addendum is being added to the lease agreement between the Parties, dated [MM/DD/YYYY] (“Original Lease”), for the property located at [RENTAL PROPERTY ADDRESS] (“Premises”). Except as specifically mentioned in this Addendum, all other terms and conditions of the Original Lease shall remain in full force and effect.
3. SHORT-TERM SUBLEASING. The Landlord shall allow the Tenant to sublease the Premises on Airbnb and allow short-term subtenants to stay on the Premises, provided that the Tenant complies with all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances related to short-term rentals. The Tenant is allowed to collect rent and shall be liable for any damage, repairs, and maintenance during the term of the Original Lease.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT. The Tenant shall deposit an additional security deposit in the amount of $[AMOUNT] to the Landlord at least thirty (30) days before the first day of the first Airbnb rental.
5. REVENUE. The Tenant shall: (check one)
☐ – Share Revenue. The Tenant shall pay to the Landlord [PERCENTAGE]% of the net proceeds of each Airbnb rental, as and when received by the Tenant.
☐ – NOT Share Revenue. The Tenant shall not be required to pay to the Landlord any proceeds of the Airbnb rentals.
6. INSURANCE. The Tenant shall maintain, at the Tenant’s sole expense, insurance during the term of any Airbnb rental, protecting the Parties against liability for bodily injury and wrongful death of any person and damage to the property of any person, in the amount of at least $[AMOUNT], endorsed to make the Landlord an additional insured.
Landlord’s Signature: ___________________ Date: [MM/DD/YYYY]
Print Name: [LANDLORD’S NAME]
Tenant’s Signature: ___________________ Date: [MM/DD/YYYY]
Print Name: [TENANT’S NAME]