Required Disclosures (4)
- Absence – A statement must be included in the lease that informs the tenant they must notify the landlord if they plan to leave the property for a period longer than seven days.
- Landlord’s Information – The tenant must be given the name of anyone who is authorized to manage the property or receive service of process.
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure (PDF) – If the structure was built prior to January 1, 1978, the tenant must be made aware of the potential existence of lead-based paint.
- Withholding Security Deposit – Tenants must be made aware of the conditions that would prevent them from receiving their full security deposit or prepaid rent at the end of the tenancy.
Rent Grace Period
There is no grace period in Alaska. Rent is due, without demand, at the time and place mentioned in the lease.
- Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act – AS 34.03
- Handbook (Guide) – The Alaska Landlord & Tenant Act (What it Means to You)