Required Disclosures (9)
- Bed Bugs – Landlords must provide educational materials to tenants about bed bugs and how they spread. Additionally, landlords are prohibited from knowingly renting out a place they know to be infested.
- Fees – The landlord must state the purpose of all non-refundable fees or deposits in writing. Any fee or deposit that is not previously stated shall be deemed refundable.
- Reference the Landlord-Tenant Act – When tenancy commences, the landlord must inform new tenants in writing that the Arizona Residential Landlord and Tenant Act is available on the Department Of Housing website.
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure (PDF)- If the dwelling was built before 1978, this form must be provided informing tenants that the property may have lead-based paint.
- Move-in/Move-out Condition Checklist (PDF) – The landlord must provide the tenant with this form to relay the property’s condition when moving in so it can be compared to the property’s condition at the end of their tenancy.
- Landlord’s Information – The names and addresses of the following individuals must be disclosed to the tenant in writing at or before the start of tenancy: 1) the person authorized to manage the premises, and b) an owner or person authorized to act on their behalf to receive and deliver notices and demands.
- Pool Safety Notice (PDF) – The landlord must provide this to a lessee or renter explaining pool safety and responsibility if the dwelling has a swimming pool.
- Taxes – If there is a transaction privilege tax levied on residential rent and the municipality changes the percentage of that tax, the landlord may reflect that increase in the rent with at least thirty (30) days’ notice to the tenant. For the landlord to enact this option, it must first be stated in the rental agreement.
- Utility Charges – If the landlord charges separately for utility services, the rental agreement must include a list specifying those utilities and disclosing any administration fees.
Rent Grace Period
- Rental Laws – Title 33, Ch. 10 (Arizona Residential Landlord and Tenant Act)
- Handbook (Guide) – Arizona Tenants’ Rights and Responsibilities Handbook