The Alaska bill of sale forms are documents that facilitate a transaction in which personal property is either sold or traded to another party. The form is completed after the money is exchanged, with both the buyer and seller signing the document to provide their consent to and understanding of the transfer of ownership. Whether the bill of sale is for a vehicle, firearm, boat, or ATV, the parties involved should be sure to each keep a copy for their personal records.
ATV / Snowmobile Bill of Sale (Form 808) – The official form provided by the Alaska DMV for selling a privately-owned snowmobile or all-terrain vehicle (ATV). Requires the signature of the seller only.
Firearm Bill of Sale – Provides documentation for the sale of a handgun or long gun between two (2) parties.
Boat Bill of Sale – Used to record the private sale of a boat or other watercraft.
General Bill of Sale – For selling or trading any type of personal property.
- Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles – The home page for all license/registration-related services. Contains a list of all DMV offices in the state.
- Online Duplicate Registration – Can be used for motor vehicles and boats to obtain another copy of a registration.
- Vehicle Registration Cost Tool – A handy calculator that allows residents to enter their vehicle type and year, county, plate design, and other data to obtain the amount they will need to pay when registering their motor vehicle.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement – Needs to be completed if 1) the title or bill of sale does not contain a space for disclosing mileage, 2) the vehicle is under ten (10) years old, and 3) the vehicle weighs under six (6) tons.
- Vehicle Transaction Application (Form V1) – Must be completed for renewal and first-time registrations.
- Boat Registration Homepage – Contains the fees and links to all pertinent documents for registering a boat in Alaska.
- Boat Title and Registration Application (Form B1) – Has to be filed at a local DMV (alongside proof of ownership) in order to complete the registration process.