A Massachusetts bill of sale is used to document the private sale and transfer of personal property from a seller to a buyer. The completed form includes a description of the item being sold, the purchase price, the date of sale, and both parties’ signatures. When selling a used motor vehicle or vessel, the seller should always provide a bill of sale for the buyer to use as proof of purchase and ownership. The new owner can then use the bill of sale to register the newly acquired vessel or vehicle with the appropriate state authority.
Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale – Used to record a transaction wherein a vehicle transfers ownership from a seller to a buyer.
Firearm Bill of Sale – A signed receipt that records the private transaction between the buyer and the seller of a firearm.
Boat Bill of Sale – This document serves as a receipt for the transfer of boat ownership between parties in a private arrangement.
Generic Bill of Sale – A type of proof of purchase document completed by a seller and a buyer of personal property.
- Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) – Responsible for registering motor vehicles in Massachusetts.
- Application for Registration & Title – The RMV application for vehicle registration and titling.
- Registration Drop Off Center locations – Vehicle registration and titling can be completed at drop off centers.
- Registration Drop Off Center Form – This form must be used if the applicant is applying at a drop off center.
- Fee Schedule – A current list of vehicle registration and titling fees.
- Resident Firearms License Application – The application form for a License to Carry (LTC).
- Police Station Locations – LTC applications must be submitted to the applicant’s local police station.
- Fee Schedule – Application fees for firearms licenses.
- Approved Basic Firearms Safety Course List – A list of state-approved firearms certification courses.
- Massachusetts Environmental Police – Boat registration applications must be submitted to the state environmental police.
- Registration and Titling Application – This form must be completed to apply for boat registration and titling.
- Massachusetts Environmental Police office locations – A map of environmental police locations.
- Sales and Use Tax on Boats – Boat owners are required to pay taxes after purchasing a vessel.
- Fee Schedule – Current boat registration fees.