A South Dakota bill of sale is a document used to prove the transfer of personal property from one party to another. It demonstrates that a seller relinquished ownership of an item to a buyer for a designated sum of money, with each party’s signatures affirming the sales price, date, and location of the transaction. If transferring ownership of a motor vehicle, the form must include the vehicle’s make, model, identification number (VIN), and production year. This manufacturing information, as well as the certificate title, is required to properly register the vehicle in South Dakota.
Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale – The documentation of the sale of a motor vehicle, including vehicle information, purchase price, and the seller’s signature, which authenticates the document.
Firearm Bill of Sale – A written record of a legal transaction between a seller and a buyer involving one (1) or more firearms.
Boat Bill of Sale – A document that records the sale of a used vessel from a private seller to a buyer.
Generic Bill of Sale – A receipt for the sale of personal property, serving as evidence of the purchase price, date of sale, and other pertinent transaction information.
- SD DMV Customer Portal – Used to maintain personal vehicle records and renew registration.
- Application for Motor Vehicle Title & Registration – Completed by the buyer and filed with the County Treasurer’s Office upon registration.
- County Treasurer’s Offices – The office locations where vehicle owners can submit their registration documents.
- Tax and Registration Fees – A list of the registration and titling fees in South Dakota.
- Concealed Pistol Permit Application (Sample) – Used to apply for a concealed pistol permit in South Dakota (this is a sample for Minnehanna County; applicants must obtain the form from a local law enforcement agency).
- List of Enhanced Permit Instructors – This page contains a list of instructors that offer the training needed to obtain an enhanced pistol permit.
- South Dakota Game, Fish, and Parks – Information about how boats are numbered and registered in the State.
- Boat Title and Registration Application – This online form must be completed when registering and titling a vessel.
- County Treasurer’s Offices – The locations where boat owners can file their registration and title applications.
- Fees – The fees for registration, titling, and other services associated with boat ownership.