Updated on June 5th, 2023
A Utah bill of sale documents a transaction involving the transfer of property from a seller to a buyer. It proves that an individual or entity acquired ownership on a specific date at an agreed-upon purchase price. Soon-to-be vehicle owners are advised to request a bill of sale from the seller upon the exchange of payment. In doing so, they are afforded proof of ownership that can be used when titling and registering the vehicle, and it may prove useful when calculating the amount of sales tax due. Regardless of the type of property being transferred, a complete and signed bill of sale is a practical tool for demonstrating ownership.
Firearm Bill of Sale – A document that records a private transaction between a buyer and a seller involving one (1) or more firearms.
Boat Bill of Sale – The record of sale for a boat that must be kept by the buyer as proof of purchase when registering and titling the vessel.
Generic Bill of Sale – Can be used for the sale of any item to prove that ownership has transferred to the buyer.
- DMV Office Locations – The addresses and office hours of all DMV locations in Utah.
- Registration Fees – The fees for vehicle registration in Utah; amounts vary depending on the county, vehicle size, and other determining factors.
- Uniform Fees – An additional fee that drivers must pay when registering their vehicle.
Utah Motor Vehicle Portal – Contains links to the State’s online motor vehicle services.
- Renewal Express – Used to renew the registration of a motor vehicle in Utah.
- Vehicle Application for Utah Title – Must be completed by vehicle owners to notify the DMV of the transfer of ownership and register the newly-acquired motor vehicle.
- Department of Public Safety – Contains information about concealed firearms permits as well as the address where individuals can file their applications.
- Application for Concealed Firearm Permit – This form must be completed when applying for a concealed firearm permit in Utah.
- Certified Concealed Firearm Instructors – Contains links to both in-state and out-of-state firearm instructors that provide firearms courses.
- DMV Office Locations – Addresses and operating hours of all Utah DMV offices.
- Vessel Application for Utah Title – New boat owners must file this application with their local DMV to register and title their vessel.
- Certificate of Inspection – Must be completed if registering a vessel that is being titled in Utah for the first time.
- Boating Fees – A report of Utah boat registration fees.
- Uniform Fees – Additional charges that owners must pay when titling and registering a watercraft.