A Wyoming bill of sale is used to prove that a purchase took place and that ownership of an item has been transferred from a seller to a buyer. Drafting a bill of sale is helpful when selling personal property as it records the purchase price, sale date, location, and the parties’ names and addresses. It is most commonly used to document the transfer of an automobile or watercraft, as it’s often needed as proof of ownership when registering a vehicle/boat in the new owner’s name. While not required in all instances, a motor vehicle bill of sale may need to be signed presence of a notary public (residents should contact their local DMV to determine their county’s requirements).
Firearm Bill of Sale – A document that is used to detail a firearm transfer (sale or trade) from a seller to a buyer.
Boat Bill of Sale – A document that records the sale of a vessel and is sometimes required to obtain a new boat title.
Generic Bill of Sale – This can be used to transfer ownership of any type of personal property.
- Wyoming Department of Transporation – Some helpful information about the State’s vehicle registration and titling procedures.
- Application for Certificate of Title – Completed and signed by a vehicle owner to register/title their vehicle in Wyoming (must be notarized).
- County Clerks Offices – The offices where Wyoming drivers can file their registration and title applications.
- Registration Fees (Natrona County) – An example of the fees drivers can expect to pay when registering their vehicle.
- Concealed Firearm Permit Application – Contains the firearm permit application and instructions for filing.
- County Sheriffs’ Offices – A list of offices where individuals can file their permit applications.
- DOT Driver Services Offices – The offices where applicants must have their picture taken for their firearm permit (must be done within five (5) days of filing the application).
- Wyoming Game and Fish Department – Contains links to the State’s watercraft registration forms as well as educational resources for boating safety and regulations.
- Watercraft Registration Application – Must be completed by watercraft owners when registering their vessel in Wyoming.
- Regional Offices – A list of locations where boat owners can mail or personally file their registration applications.