An Alabama bill of sale is a form completed by a buyer and a seller to record the transfer of ownership of a vehicle, boat, firearm, or other personal property. If used for the sale of a vehicle, it does not officially transfer ownership, but simply states that the transaction took place. The new owner of a used vehicle may require a bill of sale when registering it with the Department of Revenu. In all cases, the completed form enables both buyer and seller to obtain proof that a purchase was carried out and that the buyer now is the legal owner of the property.
Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale – Used to document the sale of a vehicle between two (2) parties.
Firearm Bill of Sale – Once payment has been received, this document can be executed to record the transfer of gun ownership from one person to another.
Boat Bill of Sale – For selling boats and watercraft of any variety.
General Bill of Sale – A blank bill of sale that can be used for selling or trading anything of value, such as livestock, trailers, and equipment.
- Motor Vehicle Division – The home page for all motor vehicle services and information.
- Fee Schedule – The cost of registering different vehicles/boats.
- Vehicle Licensing Offices – Department of Revenu county offices.
- Application for Boat Registration – Must be completed by the boat’s owner to receive a new, replacement, or transferred boat registration.
- Boat Registration Fees – The cost of registering a boat (based upon the boat’s length)
- Certified Copy Request Form – Used to obtain a new copy of a boat’s registration.
- Vehicle Licensing Office – Where new owners can register their boats for the first time.
- Sheriff’s Office Directory – Where applicants can obtain a Pistol Permit.