A Nebraska bill of sale form enables the parties to a private transaction, the buyer and the seller, to record the transfer of personal property. These forms provide the parties with spaces to fill out their names and contact information, details regarding the items sold, the total sale price, and the signatures of each party. Bills of sale aren’t necessarily mandatory when conducting a private sale, but they can be used to prove ownership after the fact, or to register the property in the buyer’s name. After the purchase of motor vehicles, including boats, the buyer will most likely need to provide a bill of sale during the registration and titling process.
Firearm Bill of Sale – A receipt for a privately sold firearm signed by the buyer and seller.
Boat Bill of Sale – A document detailing the transfer of a water vessel between parties.
Generic Bill of Sale – A proof of purchase that details a private transaction between buyer and seller for the sale of personal property.
- Department of Motor Vehicles – The Nebraska DMV main website, which handles all vehicle titling and registration.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement – If the title of the vehicle being transferred does not include the odometer reading, this document must be completed to transfer the title and register the vehicle.
- Application for Certificate of Title – This application form is used to transfer the title of a vehicle from the seller to the buyer.
- County Treasurers – Applications for vehicle title transfers and registration are handled by the County Treasurers.
- Fee Schedule – Registration fees and taxes for motor vehicles within the state.
- Concealed Handgun Permit Application – The application form that must be submitted by Nebraska residents who wish to obtain a concealed weapon permit.
- Nebraska State Patrol – The office locations of Nebraska State Patrol that oversee weapons permits.
- Handgun Instructors – A list of instructors for obtaining a certificate in handgun training and safety (mandatory for permit holders).
- Application for Certificate of Title – The application form used to transfer the title of a boat from the seller to the buyer.
- DMV Locations – A map of all driver licensing offices in the state, to which the Application for Certificate of Title must be submitted.
- Application for Boat Number & Certificate – This application form must be completed after the title has been transferred from the seller to the buyer.
- County Treasurers – The Application for Boat Number & Certificate must be submitted to the county treasurer’s office.
- Fee Schedule – Registration fees for boats are located at the bottom of this webpage.